Thursday, November 29, 2007

Crazy People 1932

Crazy People 1932
Video sent by sirarnold

Still no word on the CBLDF Auction but as soon as I hear...you'll be the first to know!

In the meanwhile, I'm in the mood to share a Boswell Sister clip. This is the Bozzies at the peak of their act.

Connee on the left, Vet in the middle, and Martha on the right playing the piano.

Although they were trained as classical musicians, while growing up in New Orleans in the early 1920's in New Orleans, they were drawn under the influence of the Jazz sounds emerging all around them. "The call of the beat got us." said Connee.

I'll say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to thank you for this post... it led me to remember PBS' awesome show, Matinee At The Bijou. I find some clips of the opening on Youtube... and guess what! They're bringing it back! AND DEBBIE REYNOLDS IS HOSTING!

In high def!!!

/dying, is ded