Friday, December 12, 2008

The holidays came early at our house today!




What I'm holding in my hands here is an advance copy of Beanworld Holiday Special that arrived from Diana Schutz within the last half hour.

Am I happy with it?
You bet I am!

The production values are superb. Everything looks exactly like it is supposed to! Dark Horse's art and production team never ceases to amaze me with the amount of work and care they put into every project big and small.

I really do have to give a great big "Wahoolazuma" not only to Diana and her editorial staff, but also Matt Dryer for his work in digital production and Tina Alessi for her design work, including the new logo. About all the art direction I gave Dark Horse was "Try for a feel that's new but retro, a bit askew, and feels like going to the circus."

Also many thanks to Jeremy, Jacq, and Krystin in PR for doing a big job promoting this most peculiar comic book, and of course, the big guy, Mike Richardson for giving Beanworld a chance!

I can't wait to hear what you all have to say next week.


4 comments:

Larry Marder said...

And yes SuzyQ....I know I need a haircut.

And pictures on the wall put out of kilter by Olive, of course.

Anonymous said...

It's on my invoice for next week!

Wahoolazuma!

I know what I'll be reading first on Wednesday...

Unknown said...

I'm filled with unspeakable joy at the prospect of reading a new Beanworld comic. I'm so glad you decided to return to Beanworld.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.