Saturday, March 21, 2009

CBLDF Announces New Board of Directors!



Chris Staros has stepped down after an amazing tenure as President of the Fund. He is being succeeded by Chris Powell, and so, for the first time in its long history CBLDF's Board is going to be chaired by a member of the retail community. This is very exciting and I look forward to working with Chris, the Board, and of course, CBLDF's Executive Director, Charles Brownstein.

As I stated in the press release, "Over the years I've drawn comics, published them, and did marketing work for comics shops and distributors. I've witnessed how swiftly and arbitrarily comics can be assaulted in the marketplace and now, even the home. I'm really quite privileged to have been given the opportunity to join the Board and add my ideas to its vigorous efforts to guard every one's First Amendment rights."

For the last year and a half, I haven't had my Business Thinking Cap tilted towards anything other than Beanworld. I'm really looking forward to have an opportunity to be on a platform where I can state my theories and ideas and have opportunity to work with others in guiding the trajectory of CBLDF's mission for the next few years.

Speaking of Beanworld....one of the reasons I've been so silent here (and elsewhere) is because I'm in the final stretch of "Here There" and cranking out new pages at a very rapid clip and it is happily taking up ALL of my time and blogging seems like a time sponge taking up minutes I can ill afford to give up.

Once the book is turned in--I'm sure I'll be yakking it up on this blog all summer.

Oh, and one last thing, in case I've failed to mention this before--I will be at Stumptown again this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!