Monday, May 3, 2010

TCAF: Help!



As I was driving to Comics Unlimited for Free Comic Book Day last Saturday I realized I was in a jam and in need of some help from any of the Leguminati attending TCAF this Saturday.



I don't think it would be a very good idea to transport FREE Beanworld Action Figures over the border. Even if it is okay to bring uncooked vegetable matter into Canada...I wouldn't relish trying to explain to a customs agent what exactly a FREE Beanworld Action Figure is!


So here is my clarion call for assistance: will someone be able to go to the market and get me a bag of large lima beans like the one seen above?


Please let me know.

Tomorrow, I'll post more about the show but the schedule just went up and on Saturday I'll be dpoing a solo panel:


The Leguminous History of Larry Marder & The Beanworld
Saturday, May 8th, 2:15 – 3:15pm,
Novella Room


Learn how beans have been part of Larry Marder’s life since the day he was born! The rich visual presentation covers the entire history of his peculiar fantasy dimension including discussion about Marder’s many influences. This is your opportunity to discover why Beanworld has captivated readers from grade school to grad school since its first publication as a series of comic books in the 1980s. Now Beanworld is at Dark Horse Comics entertaining an entire new generation of fans. Be the first to get a glimpse into Marder’s next original Beanworld graphic novel Something More!






No comments: