Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Larry Marder will be @ SPX 2007!

I will be at SPX in Bethesda, MD for the entire run of the show--October 12 & 13. This all came about too late for me to be announced as an official guest but luckily for me Comic Book Legal Defense Fund will allow me to use their area as a home base.
Yes, I will be bringing batches of Beanworld Orphans with me--ready to be adopted into new homes--while raising urgently needed funds for the CBLDF.
Above are two drawings that will be accompanying me looking for good homes .
Yes, I know they were drawn on official CBLDF SD07 cardstock--but a drawing is a drawing, right?
I'll pass along more information as my plans continue to develop. Stay tuned!

5 comments:

Jeff said...

Hi Larry,
Once again I'm going to miss this wonderful event @ SPX.
Is there anyway I could adopt a couple of these babies??
I would love to donate to the CBLDF again (I purchased some very wonderful cards & posters in Seattle @ the Emerald City Comicon). I, of course, would happily pay for shipping.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks,
Jeff Jainga
Seattle, WA
jaijeffrey@hotmail.com
= j

Jeff said...

Also, Larry, would you ever consider coming to Seattle for the Emerald City Comicon?
May 10th & 11th.
That would be wonderful!!

http://www.emeraldcitycomicon.com/

Larry Marder said...

This is something I've discussed with the Fund, Jeff, and I suspect we will continue to examine the possibility--particularly leading into the holiday season.
If any news DOES develop--the place to find out about it will definetly be right here on my blog.
As far as coming to Seattle in the spring--chances are excellent that I might be there.
I haven't really been out on the road representing only myself since the Spirits of Independence Tour in the mid-90s.

Anonymous said...

Howdy, Larry:

Any chance you'll be sending any of your orphans up with the CBLDF to Stumptown this weekend? I am so primed to pick one up, I can't even tell you! I'm even thinking to try to make it to SPX next year, but it depends on how Stumptown '08 is shaping up.

Jeff said...

That would be awesome. I hope you're able to make it out here next year.

I think the CBLDF is doing a wonderful job & support their efforts fully. I got a coupld of realy sweet signed prints, including one from Sergio Argoines' "Groo the Wanderer".

I'll keep tuned to your Blog. Keep you the great work!!
Hoka Hey!! = j