Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Beanworld on the verge of going APE!





I'm not a guest at APE.
I'm not setting up.
But I'll be dropping in.
I'll be doing signing and drawing type stuff for CBLDF here and there.

Here are the things I know I'm scheduled to do.

Saturday 10/16 at 8:00 pm to 11:00 pm
CAM Alternative Press Expo Party: Storytime! and Graphic Details
Cartoon Art
655 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA,
94105

It's a great show and it's not going to be up a whole lot longer and it's well worth the Look-See!

Also....

I have a workshop on Sunday 10/17 at 12 pm (aka noon aka midday)
It's called: Marketing a Comic That's Easier to Read Than to Describe.
I'll be talking about how I first marketed Beanworld and have continued to for a quarter of a century.
And I still haven't a clue as to how to describe it.
And I'll be talking about how I've managed to market around this dilemma!

Also on Sunday 10/17 4:45-5:30

CBLDF: The Fight For Intellectual Freedom
More than 50 years after Frederic Wertham's Seduction of the Innocent, comics and other media still come under the attack of censors. Charles Brownstein, executive director of the CBLDF, is joined by cartoonist Keith Knight and other panelists for a discussion of current trends in comics censorship and how we all can get involved in protecting intellectual freedom.

I'm one of the others!

No comments: