Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Sprout-Butt Story!


After too long away, I'm back to doing some blogging.
The above is a bit of a teaser--some panels from Beanworld Book Four: Something More.
It's flash back.
For those of you who scored a Glimpse Book ash can comic at San Diego or Chicago--it comes after the teaser shown on page 17.
The rest of you will have to wait (he said rather cryptically).

In the meantime, below is an interesting oddity that popped out of the Fabled Beanworld Archives.
The top drawing is a marker sketch on Bienfang 360 layout paper and labeled "cover #16."
The actual cover of  Tales of the Beanworld #16 published in 1990 is shown below.
I find it interesting that I followed the outlines of the inner working of the Sprout-Butt when I did the final noodling. I wouldn't do that today as I can be so much more spontaneous on a Cintiq and working in Photoshop than with real pen and ink



7 comments:

Mark I. said...

Flashback? Crazy beans? Could it be... a breakout?

Anonymous said...

"I find it interesting that I followed the outlines of the inner working of the Sprout-Butt when I did the final noodling. I wouldn't do that today as I can be so much more spontaneous...'
I don't understand what that means. Do you mean you traced the sketch for the final cover? And today you would've just freehanded it on the computer? Because, wasn't it supposed to be the inner workings of a sprout butt?
carol

Andrew said...

I'm intrigued by the impassioned response by the Hoi-Polloi to the idea of madness among the beans. What do the Hoi-Polloi know of craziness that makes him so worried?

Geo said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for Beanworld! can we get another update?

Geo said...

Happy thanksgiving! I am thankful for beanworld. Could we get another update?

Unknown said...

what happened to your blog?

Bill Peschel said...

Glad to hear you're working on Number 4. My wife was just wondering today what happened in the story, so I came here to check it out!