Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Official Larry Marder SD09 Schedule



Artist's Alley
GG 16


Artist's Alley is alllllllllll the way at the end to the left when you enter the room.
It's a hike!
But that is where I will be for almost all of the show.


The exception will be Thursday morning.
I won't arrive until lunchtime because I will be attending my first official Comic Book Legal Defense Fund Board meeting.

Other than that...I'll be rooted in Artist's Alley for the duration.
If you come looking for me--I'll be there!


Thursday, July 23
7:30 PM 'til 11-ish or when they toss us out onto the street.
Comic Book Legal Defense Fund’s Comic-Con Welcome Party
Westgate Hotel in downtown San Diego.


CBLDF will have many
Beanworld Orphan sketches for adoption at this event. Plus, I’ll be sketching my heart out at the annual meeting of the Drink & Draw Social Club. I tend to be very prolific at these Drink and Draw parties, and some of my most oddball ideas come surging out of my pens in the heat of doing sketch after sketch. They can all be yours with all proceeds going directly to CBLDF.

Saturday, July 25
1:30-2:30 PM, Room 4
The One-Panel Panel.

A single image can hold an entire world in miniature.
D
ouglas Wolk (Reading Comics) will moderate with Charles Vess (Stardust), Hope Larson (Chiggers), Michael Allred (Madman) and Larry Marder (Beanworld), each showing and discussing one particularly meaningful panel from their own comics—how it came together, and where it led them.

I'm very excited about this panel. It was a hard assignment to drill down into such a narrow focus. But once the lightbulb went off over my head I found myself quite pleased with my decision. And I can't wait to see what my fellow artists came up with.


Saturday, July 25
Dark Horse Comics booth
Booth 2615
4:00 - 5:00

Signing

More details as they develop--like the stuff I'll have at the show!

1 comment:

David Akers said...

I wish I could get down there. I'd love to see your panel! Have a great con!

-David